Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Hands of God

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  Psalm 19:1

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Mark 13:31


This bible was found on the side of the road by one of the chaplain's.  It was turned to Mark 13-14.  They were able to contact the mother of the owner-he is in rehab.

This is an Ebeneezer-an altar to the Lord.  These are being left all over Tuscaloosa by people that are serving as the hands and feet of Christ.  They are to remind the homeowners that God was with them the day of the storm and of the people He sent to help them.

I don't know why God allows disasters like the tornado in Alabama.  I don't know why children have lost their parents or parents their children.  He has His reasons and we'll never understand this side of Heaven.  I can never describe the total devestation that we witnessed there.  It is impossible to wrap my mind around it all.  I have never seen anything like it. 

I have also never seen anything like the response we saw either.  There were people from everywhere helping those who have lost it all.  College students from the University of Alabama that stayed to help there fellow citizens instead of going home.  Students from other colleges, people from churches near and far, disaster teams...and on and on.  It was heart-warming to see it.

I must confess I really didn't want to see the devestation first-hand.  It really wasn't on my list of things I most want to do.  But God called me to it.  I do not want to stand before my God at the end of my days with regret because I didn't answer when He called me to action. What about you?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That first picture is amazing! God's hands are on everything. I don't like your last sentence, Allison, because it hit too close to home. :) I don't want to stand before God with regrets either. Thanks for challenging me, sister! Many blessings.

Eileen said...

Yes, that first picture is beautiful! And good for you for listening to His promptings! We are blessed by our decisions to trust Him.

Jenifer Metzger said...

The pictures are incredible, especially that first one. God's hands are in EVERYTHING!

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Wow Allison... That first picture gave me chills!

May we all follow in service when God calls us to, and Bless you for doing exactly that!

Have a Blessed Day!

Kelli said...

Wow! That first photo is amazing! My brother is in Birmingham and said it was very bad there. What an awesome response of obedience on your part. Answering the call, not because seeing all the devestation would be fun, but because God asked you to go. Keep answering the call!!

Ken said...

I love the photos Allison. He is truly with us and His Word will never pass away.
Blessings,
Ken