Friday, September 2, 2011

5 Minute Friday

5 minutes of un-edited, un-planned writing on the topic of...REST:
GO.

Rest.  The picture above is one of complete trust and rest.  We are on the way to the beach and the weenie dog is curled up in my lap on a pillow.  She is at rest.  She is not concerned about the traffic flying by outside the truck windows.  She is not concerned about the tradition of blowing a tire EVERY time we go to the beach (tradition held true this trip also-on the way home).

What would it be like to experience rest this complete every day?  Do you realize this is how He intends for us to actually live?  Unconcerned about the world flying around outside our doors.  Completly trusting Him and His will for our lives.  Doing the work He has called us to do, living every day in the freedom and rest that He has given to us.

Do you claim this rest He has blessed us with?  I must confess that I don't, not usually.  I am looking around me, trying to figure out the best way to make life situations go my way...not resting in Him.  What about you?

STOP.

7 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

I am learning to rest in Him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison - what a great point, if we truly trust Him, we can truly rest. Have an awesome weekend
God bless
Tracy

Debbie Dillon said...

I have a dog-buddy that looks just like yours! Willie is my precious baby, and yes, he looks SO peaceful curled up asleep.
I hope you can find and enjoy true rest this busy holiday weekend. Many blessings to you,
Debbie

Heidi said...

What a great message for Friday going into a weekend of rest! I need it :)

faith in between said...

I love your picture of rest as a lifestyle of consistently trusting Him! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I want to be able to rest in peace like my dogs and cats do. God offers that rest to us, but we think we have to take care of it all on our own. Great encouragement, Allison. I pray you have a restful weekend. :)

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Rest is certainly one of those gifts that evades me more often than I'd like. God's working with me on it though, and I'll get there...

Have a Blessed Weekend Allison!